Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 244 Honoring My Husband By Taking Care of Me

Nothing like a good nights rest
to start the day.
Wow! How did that happen. I realized after getting my paper turned in I was mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted.  It took everything out of me.  I attempted on yesterday to get my house in order since I had let it go a bit while working through school but I was too tired.  Bryan called me later in the day and I realized I was almost too tired to carry on a conversation.  I decided to honor my husband by taking care of myself and getting some rest.  

On day 155 I wrote about the 7 Revelations and no. 7 was men care about our appearance.  I believe that means in all areas.  When I am tired, I feel tired, I look tired, and I do not feel like looking my best because I do not feel my best.  By honoring my husband by taking care of me and getting some rest, I believe that allows me to honor revelation no. 7 so I can feel good enough to take care of my appearance.  Taking care of me did have a downfall, I totally forgot to complete my post on yesterday yet I did awaken this morning fully refreshed.  I guess this is one of those time where the Lord's grace comes into play.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband by taking care of yourself?  In what area do you need to attend to you to be more available for your him?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"And if tonight my soul may find her peace in sleep, and sink in good oblivion,
and in the morning wake like a new-opened flower then I have been dipped again in God, and new-created.
D.H. Lawrence

5 comments:

Conny said...

:) It's ok about missing a post, Rochelle - glad you got some MUCH NEEDED rest. Good for you for realizing you needed to do that not just for you but to be the wife you want to be too. Have a GREAT, restful (hopefully!) weekend!!

Toyin O. said...

Wives should certainly make effort to look good for their husbands just the way they use too while they were dating. And if you are single, make the effort to look good for yourself and Jesus. When you look good, you feel good.

Lauren F. Boyd said...

Hey, Rochelle! You are very right that wives honor their husbands by taking care of themselves. That's something that I hadn't thought of before.

I enjoy hanging out with my husband in the evenings, and sometimes I'd rather keep watching TV with him than go to bed. But I know that I need to get enough rest so that I will have the energy to take care of our two children all day the next day. Lots of self-discipline involved, huh? :)

And when I get enough sleep, I do feel much better the next day, just like you said you do. And that makes me treat everyone better - including my husband.

Thanks, too, for commenting on my blog! It's great to see you!

Michelle said...

It's amazing that how as women we tend to put everything and everyone before ourselves. Oftentimes school, work and family take 1st place in our lives. Recently I found myself nursing an upper respiratory infection and strep throat because I put everything and everyone before my own needs. We must vow to ourselves that in order to be able to give more to others we have to first take care of nĂºmero uno because at the end of the day we can only give what we have.

Rochelle said...

Ladies, thank you all for your encouraging words and reinforcement about the necessity to take care of self. What is so interesting to me is we all know this so why does so much guilt often come with it? I guess I really need to learn how to give myself permission to take care of me.