Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 231 Honoring My Husband With Accountability

There is a lot of truth to the belief that men do not like to go to the doctors.  However that has not    typically been the case with Bryan.  If he is not feeling well he has been good about getting the sleep he needs or making an appointment to see a doctor.  I recently discovered that although he was good about going to the doctor he has not been good about doing the follow up they requested.  I received a call from our doctor's assistant and she wanted me to know that he had some test he was supposed to have taken back in March.  You can imagine my surprise.  I actually asked her if she was sure she had the right Bryan because I know my husband would not forget to follow up on his medical tests.  Today I am honoring my husband by holding him accountable.

I contacted Bryan right away to make sure he followed through on the necessary request.  When I asked why he had not done so before, he said he thought he did not need the test since he had taken them for the past few years and the results were always the same.  I will just say the rest of the conversation was  quite colorful with a few choiceful, Godly, and accountability words to ensure follow through. I was quite disappointed especially since I thought he was not in the same category as most men when it came to taking care of himself medically.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband's with accountability?  Is he the kind of man that takes care of himself medically or do you have to practically push him out the door to get him to a doctor?  I know some wives that actually have to make the appointment for their husband and some that even have to drive him there to get his annual check up.  I say we need to do whatever it takes to support our husband's in this arena.  They will never share how vulnerable they feel when it comes to going to get a checkup, it will simply show up as resistance.  In this case, resistance is usually another word for I'm scared. How can you honor  your husband with accountability today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Holding ourselves and others accountable in love is love." RAS

2 comments:

Lauren F. Boyd said...

Hey, Rochelle! I agree that we need to take care of our husbands. My husband hasn't been to the doctor in years because he says he'd rather not know if something's wrong. Luckily, his employer just offered a health assessment, which he participated in, and his results were great!

Thanks, too, for your comment at my blog! And good luck as you begin writing for publication!

Rochelle said...

Lauren, that is great news. We are awaiting the results for Bryan and I am praying all is well. Fortunately has been to the doctors over the years for his annual checkup but he has not been sleeping well of late. We're sure its nothing. Thanks for your note.