Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 229 Honoring My Husband With Warmth



There's no greater warmth than that
of the one you love.
  For the past few days I have been up beyond 2:00 AM working on one of my final papers for school.  It  has taken me an unbelievable amount of time to complete this paper, to the point where I am frustrated and ready for it to be done.  Because I have been staying up each night, this means Bryan has been in bed well before me and is well into his dream stage of sleeping by the time I go to bed.  Tonight I am honoring my husband with the warmth of my closeness.  I have not finished my paper and will continue to work on it in the morning, but tonight I want to and feel I need to honor my husband with the warmth of my presence.  I thank God for giving me the time and opportunity to continue this work on tomorrow but tonight I will be engaging in pillow conversation with my man.

Wives of the world how can you or do you honor your husband with warmth?  One thing all this psychology theory has taught me is that, if something is in you, it is in the system at which you exist.  What this means in this case is that, if I am feeling like I miss my husband and tired of not being in bed with him at night, I bet he is missing me as well and he is just not saying anything because he knows I have several papers to complete.  It will be a nice surprise for him when I join him this evening.  Last night I took a 15 minute break just to experience his warmth and did not feel I was far enough into my paper to let it go.  However tonight is another story.  So ladies, if life has you busy with other things and you are missing your husband in the meantime, know that he is more than likely missing you as well.  How can you honor your husband with warmth tonight?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,
and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett

1 comment:

Conny said...

this is another struggle of mine too ... I am a night owl & I actually LIKE to stay up very late. Dan is a morning person & goes to bed very early. We miss out on a lot of this warm time because we just aren't on the same schedule - and well, we have a baby who is JUST LIKE ME!! ... but it is something I miss - and I know he does too. Last night, he tried to stay awake, watching baseball, until the baby went down to bed so we could actually have a few minutes together before bedtime - but the baby outlasted him & he fell asleep on the couch! :(