Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 251 Honoring My Husband With the Cross

God's cross is to be a leading light
for us to follow.
I mentioned a while ago that I am a huge Oprah fan.  So much so that I was in denial when her show ended and did not watch the closing show until the end of the summer, and that was by chance.  Well I am just too happy that Oprah is back with a bang. Her new show on the OWN network, Oprah's Life Class has already been blessing to me.  She has even included a live class on Friday evening with Iyanla Vanzant and they make a dynamic duo.  I have gotten lots of intellectual nuggets over the past few weeks.

On yesterday as I watch the live show Iyanla shared this wonderful line that stuck with me, she did state it was not her brilliance but that of an author whose name escapes me.  However what she shared was, "Every nail you hammer in your brothers hand keeps you on the cross."  What it means is that when you find yourself judging someone, you are on the cross.  She went on to day, "if you eat well, you speak well."  I just loved both of those nuggets. 

This morning the devil decided he wanted to play with me and Bryan after a lovely moment of intimacy and we got into a disagreement.  As we went on for a few minutes I found myself judging his behavior and then my lesson earlier this week hit me.  I began thinking about God's lesson this week about how he intends to use our struggles to help us get back to him and a relationship like Adam and Eve.  I was so grateful for that lesson  and yesterday's nugget because they both helped me to shift my train of thought to focus on God and not what the devil was trying to do.   Iyanla's nugget, if you eat well, you speak well to me was equivalent to saying, we speak what we think, so if we think good thoughts we speak good thoughts.  Today I am honoring my husband with the cross instead of on the cross because I want to be an example of Christ to him and not hammer nails in his or my hands.  I found myself stopping mid sentence to redirect my thoughts and hence my words which I felt was then coming from Jesus and not me.  Its amazing how as soon as we bring God into a situation he works it out.

Wives of the world how can you or do you honor your husband with the cross by being an example of Christ?  What do you do when you find yourself in a place of judging instead of loving?  Every time we complain about the mess he makes and ask, why can't he clean up behind himself, or pick up his socks or take care the kids better or do more of whatever it is we want them to do, we are judging them and placing hammers in their hands.  How can you express your concerns with the love of Christ instead of the hammer of the Christ crucifiers?  How can you honor your husband with the cross today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." Matthew 16:24

No comments: