Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 250 Honoring My Husband With A Milestone

Milestones are footsteps to lifes dreams
Today as I attempted to go about my day as normal, I felt like I was working against my spirit.  I wanted to do catch up on housecleaning and other work but my body kept saying you need to just stop and be for a moment.  When I finally listened it dawned on me that today was quite the day to celebrate.  I realized that I had come upon two milestones, the submission of my final practicum report and 250 days of blogging. I was just besides myself. Both of these milestones have equated to a tremendous amount of learning for me, about me, about our marriage and about the Lord.  They have been kind of on a parallel path process.  I started the blog in February and my practicum in March.

My practicum was extremely intense and at times the learnings about honoring my husband have been quite emotional.  Both gave me a myriad of  learnings about myself, too many to mention but one of the greatest learnings I've had was this week.  The realization from the Lord that this process is to lead to a path of having a relationship like Adam and Eve.  That was a great aha moment. As I pondered on both of these milestones I became overwhelmed with emotions.  I have been working purely on adrenalin the past few weeks and this morning it was like a huge weight was lifted and all the emotions came rushing down.  I then realized that this week was quite emotional as God spoke with me about what he is doing.

So here I am 250+ days of honoring my husband and I am just elated with joy about how far it has brougt me and our marriage.  Today I am honoring my husband in celebration of these two great milestones.  Both of which have had a major impact on our relationship.  One that pulled against our relationship while the other worked to pull it closer together.  I am ecstatic as this force field begins to wind down with the final submission of my paper and look forward to the freedom of time that comes along with it.   All the more time to spend in my relationship and putting to work all the things I have learned.

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband with a milestone?  Have you been working on something and have reached a pinnacle moment? How can you honor your husband with this milestone?

Blessings,

Rochelle

1 comment:

Conny said...

congratulations on those 2 major milestones! it's awesome to stop & remember how good God has been.