Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 240 Honoring My Husband A Reality Check

Sleep, vitamin for the spirit and soul.
Today was one of those days where I got up on the wrong side of the bed.  Bryan woke up early this  morning and was in a playful mood.  I felt like I was on my second cycle of rem sleep and was not in a playful mood.  When he realized I was not fully awake he got up.  I was still pretty tired and tried to go back to sleep but could not so I woke up shortly thereafter and unfortunately I was still tired.  When I got up I started nit-picking at nothing and Bryan and I got into some friendly fire.  I sat down and asked myself, what the heck is going on with you.  I realized I was still quite tired and cranky.  Today I honored my husband with a reality check.

I also realized that there have been a few times when I have been cranky in the morning.  I will roll out of bed but not want to be bothered for at least an hour until I get my head together.  When I had this realization I then shared with Bryan, I have no idea what our friendly fire was about except that I was quite cranky.  I am typically your happy go lucky person.   He went off to work and I was left pondering my behavior.   I had a reality check about myself in that when I do not get enough of a sound sleep, I can be a pretty cranky soul.

When I was about 18, my Mom shared with a friend of mine to make sure I did not stay out to late because my sister was getting married the next day.  She then said, Rochelle and mornings do not get along very well and, of course I said, I like mornings.  She then said, well I have no evidence of that so just make sure you are in early enough to get some sleep.  This was during my all night party days.  That was close to 30 years ago and believe it or not, it was not until this morning that I realized my Mom was on to something.  Although it is not every morning, it is enough of them.   I bet my Mom can give me a lot of evidence that will give me the gift of self awareness. I probably owe her an apology.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband's with a reality check?  Is there something about your behavior that will help him understand your actions a little better or is there something you just discovered about yourself that will enlighten him as well?  How can you honor him with a reality check on today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute,
if there is any excellence and anything worthy of praise,
let your mind dwell on these things."
Philippians 4:4-8 

1 comment:

Conny said...

My comment to this is: BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!!!
I am NOT a morning person ... Dan is. It means if we ever want meaningful interaction, one or the other of us has to concede! I definitely NEED my sleep - and it is a rare day that I "pop" out of bed, ready to do anything. I do find that stopping & saying a prayer BEFORE I open my cranky mouth helps. :)