Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 248 Honoring My Husband With Assurance

My definition of assurance,
PRAYER.
Yesterday was yet another long 48 hours of go, go, go and sleep when you stop.  So when I stopped that  is exactly what I did, sleep.  However before I went off into lala land I had to teach.  Bryan was really concerned because I had been up for more than my share of hours.  He was really concerned that I would not be able to drive to and from the church because of the distance.  I am one of those people that I could probably go 72 hours straight without stopping, but when I stop, I stop.  Today I honored my husband with the assurance that I knew the Lord was carrying me and he would get me where I needed to go and back.  

I explained to Bryan that I was on my way to do God's work and there was no way he was going to allow interference in that assignment.  I truly felt covered.  I have been carrying around a bottle of the 5 hour energy drink for about 6 - 10 months.  I thought about drinking it before the class and then I prayed and the Lord assured me that I would be fine.  His words were I am the only energy you need.  I could not believe myself how much energy I had given I was sleep deprived.  Someone in the class said to me you are just a ball of energy tonight.  I could not help but laugh because I knew it was nobody but Jesus that had taken over my body.  Even as I was driving I knew I was not in charge.  I just love it when the Lord shows me whos really in charge.  God is so good and always takes care of us.  I praised him all the way to my destination. 

Fortunately we had decided to stay closer to the church so I did not have a long ride home.  Yet when I arrived to our destination Bryan said I cannot believe you are not falling down sleep.  I just smiled and said thank you Jesus.  I then ate dinner, watch about 10 minutes of the football game and then I was off to the great place called sleep.  I just kept saying to myself it is almost over and I am truly on the countdown for my final days of school which will mean I will totally have my life back.  Yeh!

Wives of the world how do or can you honor your husband with assurance?  Is there something that he is concerned about for you but you know the Lord has your back and will work it out?   How can you honor your husband with assurance today?  I am a true believer that all we need is just a little faith and the Lord will surely see us through.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great
 assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus." 1 Timothy 3:13

2 comments:

Conny said...

Your life is a wonderful testimony of being Spririt-controled and aware of God's working in you, through you, and around you!!

Rochelle said...

Thank you Conny, I continue to work really hard to stay focused on what the Lord is telling me. Thanks so much.