Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 253 Honoring My Husband With My Gut

Today I am honoring my husband with my gut.  Sometimes I get the feeling that I should or should not be doing something.  Most times I pay attention to those feelings but sometimes I ignore them.  What I have learned about paying attention to my gut is that it is God's way of whispering to me when I need to act or not act.  Today the Lord told me it was a time for listening and although I wanted to speak, I could hear God saying no, this is a time to listen with your  heart, so listen with my heart I did. 

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with your gut today?  Often times we hear God telling us to do something or not do it but we choose to ignore his direction.  I have come to realize that our gut feeling is our heart speaking to us.  Our heart is how we connect to God and how God speaks to us.  When we want to get defensive and God says no, it is our heart that really does not want to but because of habit or family patterns we do; or when we want to do something really nice it is our heart speaking and then we talk ourselves out of it saying it is not deserving.  What is your gut saying to you?  What does your heart say you need to start or stop doing today?  How can you honor your husband with your gut today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"If you want to hear God speak to you, listen to your heart and you will hear him." RAS

No comments: