Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 236 Honoring My Husband - Maybe?

Today was one of those days where I am really not exactly sure how I honored my husband.  I took care of a few administrative things for him today and then I got so heavily into my school work that I forgot to cook dinner so of course he was disappointed when he arrived home.  This left me pondering on the concept of grace for myself and it left me wondering so if I forget to do something important for him does this mean that I am not honoring him? 

We spoke several times throughout the day and I mentioned to him that I was going to my office away from home, Panera Bread.  Typically when I have a significant paper due at school I will spend all day at Panera, which was the case today.  I think I lifted my head once or twice during that time.  Nonetheless I did feel a sense of guilt.  I have been working on this paper for a while and really did not want to stay up all evening to complete it so I believe my subconscious led the way.  Today I am honoring my husband with a question mark about, is it dishonorable to forget your wifely duties or responsibility.  I'm not sure of the answer but I do know I serve a merciful and grace filled God.  So even if my husband chooses not to forgive me I know the Lord will because he knows my heart.

Wives of the world in what ways have you questioned if you were honoring your husband?  Have you forgotten a wifely duty that left you feeling guilty and questioning if you fell off the wagon?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear and learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"One of the most dangerous forms of human error is forgetting what one is trying to achieve." Paul Nitze

No comments: